through innovative transportation solutions
The Merrimack Valley TMA has launched a program aimed at helping members save time and money, while also earning cash rewards when they take public transit, use a rideshare or other alternatives to single-occupancy vehicles.
Through Community Connect, a trip planning and logging app available for iOS and Android devices, users can earn points toward cash rewards – and help reduce traffic congestion and emissions – by increasing their use of public transportation, carpooling, vanpooling, walking, biking or taking advantage of telework options whenever convenient.
Save time, money, and help reduce traffic congestion!
COMMUNITY CONNECT DETAILS
How to Participate in Community Connect
- Be a Member of the TMA
- Sign up for Community Connect
- Download the Commute Tracker app (IOS) (Android)
- Start logging your trips!
How Community Connect Works
The Community Connect app awards points based on the mode of transportation and number of trips logged. A quarterly drawing is held to award one lucky user a $250 Amazon gift card!
In addition to earning cash rewards, Community Connect users also receive practical benefits including:
Ride your bike, carpool, take public transportation, walk or work from home – the Community Connect app provides users an incentive to take a break from the hassle of traffic gridlock, allowing them to reduce stress while cutting down on congestion for fellow commuters.
Improving your health
Active transportation options like walking or riding a bike can help reduce blood pressure, assist weight management efforts and improve users’ overall health.
Using the app helps users save money on gas, parking and overall car maintenance by providing alternatives to driving alone. As a result, users earn rewards while saving money.
Access to our Green to Work and Guaranteed Ride Home programs
Reducing carbon footprint
Users of Community Connect can minimize their impact on the environment by reducing transportation-related emissions.
- Display all multi-modal commuting options based upon where you live and work
- Find ride matches for one-time rides, reoccurring trips and vanpool opportunities
- Identify cost savings, Co2 reduction, and reduced vehicle miles at your fingertips
- Earn great incentive rewards through our Green to Work (GTW) program for trips to/from your home/worksite using a sustainable transportation option.
- Download the app to automatically log your commutes or manually log trips on your personal dashboard. The choice is yours!
- Our Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program with UBER will also be integrated and administered through this platform
Employers and Property Managers can:
- Deliver commuter benefits to employees through a one-stop portal
- Measure, quantify, and compare the impact of transportation programs and initiatives
- Survey employees/residents
- Assess areas for improvement/investment based on your sustainability and parking management goals
- Download and display data in multiple formats allowing for easy incorporation into presentations
If you have questions about setting up your Community Connect account and profile or downloading the Commute Tracker app, please check the video tutorials and articles below.
- The member employee/tenant must use alternative modes to commute to/from work at least two times per week to be eligible for the Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program.
- This service is for emergency use only such as: late notice of unscheduled overtime, illness at work, or if you need to leave work immediately to pick-up an ill child/elder parent for whom you are the primary care-giver.
- The Uber GRH service is only for emergency work to home trips. A stop is allowed to pick-up a sick family member when necessary.
- Eligible member employees can use the Uber GRH service up to four times per year.
- Employee must notify the Merrimack Valley TMA when they change companies if they wish to continue with the GRH program.
- The Merrimack Valley TMA GRH is a program provided only to Merrimack Valley TMA corporate member employees and Merrimack Valley TMA member developer/property management company tenant employees and residential tenants in good standing.
- The Merrimack Valley TMA will pay for the GRH ride when used in accordance with the approved GRH policy. If the member employee/tenant does not use the service in accordance with the Merrimack Valley TMA GRH policy, the credit card information on file with Uber will be billed for the ride. A valid personal credit card must be on file with Uber at all times in order to be eligible to participate in the Merrimack Valley TMA GRH program.
Warranties and Disclaimers
The Merrimack Valley TMA GRH program finances a ride home for those members, member employees and/or tenants who find themselves in exigent circumstances. By using an UBER account and the UBER App to access a ride home, members, member employees and/or tenants understand and agree that the Merrimack Valley TMA has no control over the acts or omissions of UBER and/or its drivers and makes no warranties or representations about the safety, quality or security of UBER services or the professionalism of its drivers. Member business employees and tenants understand that Merrimack Valley TMA is not responsible for the conduct or performance of UBER and its drivers. The Merrimack Valley TMA expressly disclaims any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages arising from or in any way related to the UBER App or UBER services.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Merrimack Valley TMA is not liable to any person for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, incidental, consequential, or other damages of any type or kind arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the UBER App and/or the transportation services rendered by UBER.
Assumption of Risk
Members, member employees and/or tenants understand that they assume all risks to person and property associated with using the UBER App and UBER services. Members and member employees and tenants acknowledge that participation in the GRH program in conjunction with UBER is voluntary. Members and member employees and/or tenants understand and agree that Merrimack Valley TMA is not responsible for the safety or comfort of any person or any property in connection with the use of the UBER services or the UBER App.